In a press conference held in
Tripoli Sunday, Commander Brigadier Bassam Al Ayoubi announced that they would respond to
any source of fire and will deal with all the security breaches very seriously.
He stated that the ISF has now entered Jabbal Mohsen and Bab el Tabbani to
assist the LAF adding the situation has reached a relative calm.
The ISF said that it will implement the plan agreed upon by affiliated parties as LAF deploys in Jabbal Mohsen, Bab el-Tabbaneh and Syria St.
Previously in the day one person was injured in shootings at al-Mankoubin area between Jabal Mohsen and Bab
al-Tebbaneh, where gunfire is sporadically heard every now and then.
The child Mazen Mustafa Mustafa who
was injured yesterday, in shootings at Abi Samra in Tripoli, died of his
This as Refaat Eid previously said to LBCI that sniping continued in Tripoli, adding that a little girl has been shot.
Cautious calm was prevailing over the city of Tripoli during the morning hours, when the Lebanese Army Forces began deploying in the city from
7:30 in the morning and they set permanent check points along with motorized
Residents in Syria Street began
checking their properties as cleaning operations kicked off in the
remove bullets and grenades.
During the night, clashes continued and reached a climax between 2:00 and 5:00 a.m. on all the axes, especially in Mallouleh,
al-Bakkar, Syria Street, al-Mankoubin, al-Rifa, Harat al-Saydeh and al-Hara al-Barraniyeh.
Security sources told LBCI that the casualties
in Tripoli clashes have reached 8 dead and 38 injured.
For its part, an Arab Democratic Party Official to LBCI said that they
are counting on the PM and military institutions to put an end to what is
happening in Tripoli
It was announced later in the evening that a general strike will be held Monday in Tripoli by economic and civil movements to denounce the situation the city has reached.