Ogero committee declared
on Friday that its technical team was able to run the alternative
international maritime cable.
Minister of Telecommunications Nicholas Sehnaoui said via a phone call
from Cyprus on Friday that
the internet slowdown will remain as such for next two days following the diversion
of the Lebanon's
input cable to the small Cypriot line.
Speaking to LBCI Sehnaoui said that the cause of this slowdown is due
to the main line's severance off the cost of Alexandria.
Through As-Safir Daily the Minister had said earlier that the Ministry
is working on a partial subscription to the Cypriot line in order to bring the
internet situation back to "normal". It will then be referred to
cabinet for approval, he added.
following message was sent from the Ministry of Telecommunication to all mobile
devices to set Citizens at ease:
to an international cable failure, 50km from the seashore of Alexandria-Egypt,
affecting 8 countries, internet as down in Lebanon yesterday and will
experience slowdown in the coming days. The Ministry of Telecommunication, in
close coordination with Ogero teams, is working with Cyprus
and Egypt to provide Lebanon
with a temporary solution until the cable is repaired."