Thank you!

Close
we look forward to providing you up to date news and our unique entertainment.
Saturday Apr. 30
Sign in
Register
LIVE TV
Ghadan Naltaki
14:40
Ghadan Naltaki
Menu
Sep 17 2012
 shares
 shares

Libyan president says 50 arrested in attack on U.S. consulate

episodes
Libyan president says 50 arrested in attack on U.S. consulate
Libyan President Mohammed Magarief told CBS News on Sunday that about 50 people had been arrested in connection with the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, which killed four Americans.              
advertisement


Some of the suspects - including those who planned the attack - were from outside Libya, Magarief said.                 

The attack on Tuesday came amid protests over a video made in the United States that Muslims saw as blaspheming the Prophet Mohammad. The protest in Benghazi resulted in the deaths of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans.                  

An official source also mentioned that the Libyan Interior Minister Fawzi Abdel A'al has discharged 2 security officials on the backdrop of what the state witnessed regarding the incident of the US Consulate.                         

The source pointed out that the Interior Minister has discharged his assistant in the area of North Libya Wanis Sharef and the head of national security in Benghazi Brigadier Hussein Bou Hmida, appointingd Colonel Salah al-Din Doghman as his successor.          


REUTERS\LBCI
Recommended
View More
Newsletter
Sign up to receive a weekly update on top stories, breaking news and stories recommended especially for you.
Send us a photo or video
Upload your pictures or videos here
Find our App:
Designed by Code And Theory
Built by Softimpact