Judge Oueidat postpones hearing session in suspicious death of Celine Rakan

Lebanon News
23-10-2014 | 07:12
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Judge Oueidat postpones hearing session in suspicious death of Celine Rakan
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
3min
Judge Oueidat postpones hearing session in suspicious death of Celine Rakan
The lawyer of the domestic worker accused of killing 4-year-old Celine Rakan submitted on Thursday a formal plea to the Beirut Examining Judge Ghassan Oueidat.

In turn, Judge Oueidat referred the memorandum to the Public Prosecutor at Beirut's Court of Appeals, as the hearing session was deferred.

On Tuesday, Judge Ghassan Oueidat received the dossier related to the case of 4-year-old Celine Rakan in order to kick start a new round of investigations into her suspicious death.

This as sources reported inconsistency in the testimony of Celine’s father. Celine Rakan died shortly after being vaccinated, leading her father to blame her death on what he dubbed a "corrupt vaccine."

However, the probe conducted by the Health Ministry in this regard, revealed that the vaccine, which was proven to be acquired outside of the ministry’s distributions, is valid and used to vaccinate a large number of children on a daily basis.

Health Minister Wael Abou Faour had also referred the physician, identified by his initials as M. Z., who vaccinated the child, to the Lebanese Order of Physicians, for further interrogations in order to unveil the real cause of death.

In turn, the Lebanese Doctors Syndicate said a session was held whereby it heard the testimony of physician (M. Z.) who vaccinated the child, as part of an investigation to unveil the real cause of death.

Lebanon's Internal Security Forces wrapped up last week the investigations into the death of the 4-year-old child, pointing the finger at the domestic worker who confessed to having strangled the Celine.

In the same regard, the General Directorate of the Internal Security Forces said the domestic worker had confessed to killing 4-year-old Celine Rakan.

The domestic worker strangled the child to death for fear of revealing that she was stealing the house contents, the ISF said.

Although investigations confirmed that the worker was the killer; many questions remain unanswered.

Lebanon News

Oueidat

postpones

hearing

session

suspicious

death

Celine

Rakan

LBCI Next
Lebanon's Youth and Sports Minister Nora Bayrakdarian reinstates legitimacy of Gymnastics Federation
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More