News
Latest News
news bulletin
Breaking Headlines
Israel-Gaza War Updates
Variety and Tech
Sports News
Middle East News
World News
Lebanon News
Press Highlights
Lebanon Economy
News Bulletin Reports
Other News
Breaking Headlines
Israel-Gaza War Updates
Variety and Tech
Sports News
Middle East News
World News
Lebanon News
Press Highlights
Lebanon Economy
News Bulletin Reports
Beirut
18
o
Bekaa
9
o
Keserwan
19
o
Metn
19
o
Mount Lebanon
13
o
North
18
o
South
18
o
Live
Video
Audio
Schedule
shows
العربية
watching now
Live Coverage
SUBSCRIBE
Home
Notification
Live
Video
Audio
shows
Beirut
18
o
Bekaa
9
o
Keserwan
19
o
Metn
19
o
Mount Lebanon
13
o
North
18
o
South
18
o
News
Programs
The News
Breaking Headlines
Israel-Gaza War Updates
Variety and Tech
Sports News
Middle East News
World News
Lebanon News
Press Highlights
Lebanon Economy
News Bulletin Reports
Programs
Series
Movies
Documentaries
Variety
Comedy
Talk Show
News Bulletin
Breaking News
Latest News
Highlighted News
Most Read
Videos
العربية
Watch the latest programs and the latest developments on your favorite screen
Shows
Join millions of followers
Who We Are
Contact Us
Advertise With Us
Careers
Channel frequencies
Privacy Policy
Terms and Conditions
Saudi-led coalition asks UN to share details of child deaths in Yemen
Middle East
17-06-2020 | 05:11
High views
Share
Share
3
min
Saudi-led coalition asks UN to share details of child deaths in Yemen
A Saudi Arabia-led military coalition fighting in Yemen asked the United Nations on Tuesday to share details of its accusations that the coalition was responsible for 222 child deaths or injuries last year so it could investigate.
In a statement, the coalition also said it welcomed U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres' decision to remove it from a U.N. blacklist, several years after it was first accused of killing and injuring children in Yemen.
Guterres said in his annual report to the Security Council on Monday that the coalition would "be delisted for the violation of killing and maiming, following a sustained significant decrease in killing and maiming due to air strikes" and the implementation of measures aimed at protecting children.
He said the coalition killed or injured 222 children in Yemen last year. The Houthis were responsible for 313 such casualties and the Yemen government forces 96 casualties and both remain on the annual children and armed conflict blacklist.
"The coalition takes any allegations of violations of civilians and children's rights very seriously," it said in a statement on Tuesday. "In order to investigate the allegations attributed to it in the report, the coalition invites the U.N. to share with the coalition the relevant information."
Yemen has been mired in conflict since the Iran-allied Houthi group ousted the government from the capital Sanaa in 2014. The Saudi-led military coalition in 2015 intervened in a bid to restore the government.
The Saudi-led military coalition has officially been on the blacklist for the past three years.
It had been briefly added to the blacklist in 2016 and then removed by former Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon pending review. At the time, Ban accused Saudi Arabia of exerting "unacceptable" undue pressure after sources told Reuters that Riyadh threatened to cut some U.N. funding. Saudi Arabia denied threatening Ban.
REUTERS
Breaking Headlines
Saudi Arabia
Child Death
Yemen
UN
Subscribe to our VOD
SUBSCRIBE
Our visitors readings
d-none hideMe
0
Lebanon News
06:53
Pope Leo XIV concludes Turkey visit, heads to Lebanon
Lebanon News
06:53
Pope Leo XIV concludes Turkey visit, heads to Lebanon
0
Lebanon News
2025-10-27
Vatican announces official program for Pope Leo's apostolic visit to Lebanon
Lebanon News
2025-10-27
Vatican announces official program for Pope Leo's apostolic visit to Lebanon
0
Lebanon News
08:45
Pope Leo XIV arrives in Beirut for official visit
Lebanon News
08:45
Pope Leo XIV arrives in Beirut for official visit
0
Lebanon News
2025-10-02
US approves $230 million in security aid to Lebanon as part of Hezbollah disarmament push
Lebanon News
2025-10-02
US approves $230 million in security aid to Lebanon as part of Hezbollah disarmament push
Videos
d-none hideMe
0
Middle East News
2025-11-27
Pope Leo leaves for Istanbul—Video
Middle East News
2025-11-27
Pope Leo leaves for Istanbul—Video
0
Middle East News
2025-11-27
Pope Leo arrives at Turkey's Presidential Palace—Video
Middle East News
2025-11-27
Pope Leo arrives at Turkey's Presidential Palace—Video
0
Middle East News
2025-11-27
Pope Leo visits Mustafa Kemal Ataturk's mausoleum—Video
Middle East News
2025-11-27
Pope Leo visits Mustafa Kemal Ataturk's mausoleum—Video
0
Middle East News
2025-11-27
Pope Leo lands in Turkey—Video
Middle East News
2025-11-27
Pope Leo lands in Turkey—Video
0
Lebanon News
2025-11-27
LBCI aboard the plane carrying Pope Leo to Turkey: A first look at the exclusive scene
Lebanon News
2025-11-27
LBCI aboard the plane carrying Pope Leo to Turkey: A first look at the exclusive scene
0
Lebanon News
2025-10-04
Meet Miss Lebanon 2025 contestants: Video
Lebanon News
2025-10-04
Meet Miss Lebanon 2025 contestants: Video
0
Lebanon News
2025-10-02
Series of Israeli airstrikes spark massive fire in southern Lebanon
Lebanon News
2025-10-02
Series of Israeli airstrikes spark massive fire in southern Lebanon
0
Lebanon News
2025-09-07
Lunar eclipse captivates Lebanon: watch the stunning video
Lebanon News
2025-09-07
Lunar eclipse captivates Lebanon: watch the stunning video
Most read
d-none hideMe
24 hours
7 days
Month
1
News Bulletin Reports
12:58
Inside Hezbollah’s tunnels: Lebanese army reveals yearlong disarmament work
News Bulletin Reports
12:58
Inside Hezbollah’s tunnels: Lebanese army reveals yearlong disarmament work
2
Lebanon News
08:45
Pope Leo XIV arrives in Beirut for official visit
Lebanon News
08:45
Pope Leo XIV arrives in Beirut for official visit
3
News Bulletin Reports
13:17
Can lessons from Northern Ireland and Afghanistan guide Lebanon’s weapons debate?
News Bulletin Reports
13:17
Can lessons from Northern Ireland and Afghanistan guide Lebanon’s weapons debate?
4
Lebanon News
06:53
Pope Leo XIV concludes Turkey visit, heads to Lebanon
Lebanon News
06:53
Pope Leo XIV concludes Turkey visit, heads to Lebanon
5
Lebanon News
10:07
Pope Leo XIV arrives at Baabda Presidential Palace to a traditional folkloric welcome
Lebanon News
10:07
Pope Leo XIV arrives at Baabda Presidential Palace to a traditional folkloric welcome
6
Lebanon News
11:36
First speech in Lebanon: Pope Leo XIV calls for intercommunal harmony and a future of hope
Lebanon News
11:36
First speech in Lebanon: Pope Leo XIV calls for intercommunal harmony and a future of hope
7
Lebanon News
11:20
President Aoun welcomes Pope Leo XIV, highlights Lebanon’s faith, freedom, and national balance
Lebanon News
11:20
President Aoun welcomes Pope Leo XIV, highlights Lebanon’s faith, freedom, and national balance
8
Middle East News
05:40
Netanyahu officially asks Israeli president for pardon
Middle East News
05:40
Netanyahu officially asks Israeli president for pardon
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use
cookies
to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More