Hariri says abduction of soldiers a crime that should be denounced

Lebanon News
10-12-2014 | 05:36
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Hariri says abduction of soldiers a crime that should be denounced
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
3min
Hariri says abduction of soldiers a crime that should be denounced
Former Prime Minister Saad Hariri stated on Wednesday that the capture of Lebanese troops is a crime that should be denounced, stressing that the siege on the northeastern border town of Arsal serves the kidnappers of the soldiers.

In this regards, former PM Hariri said via twitter that the Lebanese cabinet should exert its efforts to end this siege and restore the prestige of the state

In a statement issued Friday (December 05) via Twitter, the Nusra Front declared that it had executed Lebanese hostage Ali al-Bazzal, as a response to the arrests carried out by the Lebanese Armed Forces, threatening to murder another captive if the female detainees who were arrested were not released.

In the same regard, the Nusra Front released on Saturday (September 20) a video depicting the execution of the Lebanese soldier Mohammad Hamieh with a bullet to the head. The video also showed Lebanese soldier Ali al-Bazzal pleading his family to act or else he would face execution.

On Saturday (September 06), Turkey's Anatolia news agency quoted a commander of the Islamic State as saying that the group had executed one of the captured Lebanese Armed Forces soldiers for trying to escape.

"LAF soldier Abbas Medlej tried to escape from prison and after he attempted to open fire at IS members, we took control of the situation by slaughtering him," the Islamic State- Qalamoun branch said in a statement.

Also on August 28, the Islamic State posted photos and a video online depicting a militant beheading a blindfolded hostage who was identified as Lebanese Armed Forces Sergeant Ali al-Sayyed.

On Sunday (August 31), Lebanon's military said an al-Qaeda-linked Syrian rebel group released five members of the Lebanese security forces captured earlier in August in a cross-border raid.

The men were taken hostage when militants from Syria took over the Lebanese border town of Arsal for five days before withdrawing toward the Syrian frontier, taking with them Lebanese soldiers and policemen as hostages. The clashes were the most dangerous spillover of violence from the civil war in neighboring Syria.

The clashes flared up when Syrian gunmen deployed across the region after the Lebanese Armed Forces arrested Imad Jomaa at a checkpoint. The detention of Imad Jomaa, the leader of the Fajr al-Islam Brigade, had caused security tension in the border town of Arsal, claiming the lives of 20 soldiers and leaving 86 others injured.

While the release of the five men provided a degree of relief, concerns remain about the troops and policemen still in captivity.

Lebanon News

abduction

soldiers

crime

should

denounced

LBCI Next
Lebanon's Youth and Sports Minister Nora Bayrakdarian reinstates legitimacy of Gymnastics Federation
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More