News
Latest News
news bulletin
Breaking Headlines
Israel-Gaza War Updates
Variety and Tech
Sports News
Middle East News
World News
Lebanon News
Press Highlights
Lebanon Economy
News Bulletin Reports
Other News
Breaking Headlines
Israel-Gaza War Updates
Variety and Tech
Sports News
Middle East News
World News
Lebanon News
Press Highlights
Lebanon Economy
News Bulletin Reports
Beirut
30
o
Bekaa
30
o
Keserwan
29
o
Metn
29
o
Mount Lebanon
28
o
North
30
o
South
29
o
Live
Video
Audio
Schedule
shows
العربية
watching now
Conversations with Ricardo Karam
SUBSCRIBE
Home
Notification
Live
Video
Audio
shows
Beirut
30
o
Bekaa
30
o
Keserwan
29
o
Metn
29
o
Mount Lebanon
28
o
North
30
o
South
29
o
News
Programs
The News
Breaking Headlines
Israel-Gaza War Updates
Variety and Tech
Sports News
Middle East News
World News
Lebanon News
Press Highlights
Lebanon Economy
News Bulletin Reports
Programs
Series
Movies
Documentaries
Variety
Comedy
Talk Show
News Bulletin
Breaking News
Latest News
Highlighted News
Most Read
Videos
العربية
Watch the latest programs and the latest developments on your favorite screen
Shows
Join millions of followers
Who We Are
Contact Us
Advertise With Us
Careers
Channel frequencies
Privacy Policy
Terms and Conditions
Dozens killed, including children on a bus, in Yemen air strikes
Breaking Headlines
09-08-2018 | 07:33
High views
Share
Share
4
min
Dozens killed, including children on a bus, in Yemen air strikes
Saudi-led coalition air strikes on Thursday killed dozens of people, including children traveling on a bus, in Yemen's Saada province, Yemeni medical sources and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said.
The Western-backed alliance fighting the Iranian-aligned Houthi group in Yemen said the air strikes targeted missile launchers used to attack the southern Saudi industrial city of Jizan, killing a Yemeni civilian there, a statement carried by the state news agency SPA said.
It accused the Houthis of using children as human shields.
"Today's attack in Saada was a legitimate military operation ... and was carried out in accordance with international humanitarian law," the Arabic-language statement said.
The ICRC said one attack hit the bus driving children in Dahyan market, in northern Saada, adding hospitals there had received dozens of dead and wounded.
It was unclear how many children were killed and how many air strikes were carried out in the area, in northern Yemen, near the border with Saudi Arabia.
Abdul-Ghani Nayeb, head of a health department in Saada told Reuters that the death toll rose to 43, with 61 wounded.
"Scores killed, even more injured, most under the age of 10," Johannes Bruwer, head of delegation for the ICRC in Yemen, said in a twitter post.
Saudi Arabia and Sunni Muslim allies have been fighting in Yemen for more than three years against the Houthis, who control much of north Yemen including the capital Sanaa and drove the government into exile in 2014.
It has launched thousands of air strikes in a campaign to restore the internationally recognized government of President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi. Errant strikes have killed hundreds of civilians at hospitals, schools and markets.
The military alliance says it does not target civilians and has set up an investigation committee into alleged mass casualty air strikes which have mostly cleared the coalition of any blame.
The Houthis have launched a series of missile strikes on the kingdom, including Riyadh, over the past year. Fragments from a missile launched at the Jizan Industrial City in southern Saudi Arabia late on Wednesday, killed one Yemeni civilian and wounded 11, Saudi state media said earlier on Thursday.
"(The air strikes) conformed to international and humanitarian laws," the coalition statement said, quoting spokesman Colonel Turki al-Malki. The statement accused the Houthis of using children as human shields.
Al-Masirah, the TV station of the armed Houthi movement, said on its Twitter account that 39 people had been killed and 51 wounded. There was no immediate comment from the Houthis in reponse to the coalition allegations.
Saada, the main stronghold of the Houthis, has mainly come under air strikes from the coalition in Yemen's war, as the mountainous province makes battles hard for pro-government ground troops.
The Yemen war has killed more than 10,000 people, displaced more than 2 million and driven the country to the verge of famine, according to the United Nations.
REUTERS
Breaking Headlines
Children
Bus
Yemen
Security
Air Strikes
Next
A patient at Notre Dame De Liban Hospital - Jounieh urgently needs A+ blood type, to donate please call: 70 281 616
Recommended For You
d-none hideMe
0
Breaking Headlines
2026-06-22
A patient at Notre Dame De Liban Hospital - Jounieh urgently needs A+ blood type, to donate please call: 70 281 616
Breaking Headlines
2026-06-22
A patient at Notre Dame De Liban Hospital - Jounieh urgently needs A+ blood type, to donate please call: 70 281 616
Subscribe to our VOD
SUBSCRIBE
Our visitors readings
d-none hideMe
0
World News
2026-05-28
Israel breaks all contact with UN secretary-general: Ambassador
World News
2026-05-28
Israel breaks all contact with UN secretary-general: Ambassador
0
World News
2026-08-18
Trump says no talks are taking place with Iran and none are scheduled
World News
2026-08-18
Trump says no talks are taking place with Iran and none are scheduled
0
Lebanon News
08:06
Hezbollah on US claims of Iranian control: No one can question our Lebanese identity
Lebanon News
08:06
Hezbollah on US claims of Iranian control: No one can question our Lebanese identity
0
World News
2026-02-13
Zelenskiy meets Iranian opposition figure Pahlavi
World News
2026-02-13
Zelenskiy meets Iranian opposition figure Pahlavi
Videos
d-none hideMe
0
Lebanon News
2026-08-06
Lebanon-Israel talks: delegations arrive at US Embassy in Rome — Video
Lebanon News
2026-08-06
Lebanon-Israel talks: delegations arrive at US Embassy in Rome — Video
0
Lebanon News
2026-07-24
Residents begin returning to Zawtar el-Gharbiyeh, southern Lebanon: Video
Lebanon News
2026-07-24
Residents begin returning to Zawtar el-Gharbiyeh, southern Lebanon: Video
0
Lebanon News
2026-07-20
Slotkin to LBCI: Lebanese army needs resources to confront Hezbollah, $36 million request submitted for special forces
Lebanon News
2026-07-20
Slotkin to LBCI: Lebanese army needs resources to confront Hezbollah, $36 million request submitted for special forces
0
Lebanon News
2026-06-26
Lebanon’s ambassador to Washington: trilateral framework agreement first step toward restoring sovereignty
Lebanon News
2026-06-26
Lebanon’s ambassador to Washington: trilateral framework agreement first step toward restoring sovereignty
0
Lebanon News
2026-06-26
Rubio on Lebanon-Israel framework agreement: 'beginning of the beginning,' more work needed
Lebanon News
2026-06-26
Rubio on Lebanon-Israel framework agreement: 'beginning of the beginning,' more work needed
0
Lebanon News
2026-06-26
Lebanon, Israel sign trilateral framework agreement after Washington talks attended by Rubio: Video
Lebanon News
2026-06-26
Lebanon, Israel sign trilateral framework agreement after Washington talks attended by Rubio: Video
0
Lebanon News
2026-06-20
Israeli strikes renew on Choukine, Maifadoun, and Nabatieh al-Fawqa in southern Lebanon: Video
Lebanon News
2026-06-20
Israeli strikes renew on Choukine, Maifadoun, and Nabatieh al-Fawqa in southern Lebanon: Video
0
Lebanon News
2026-06-19
Massive Israeli strikes hit South Lebanon under ceasefire conditions
Lebanon News
2026-06-19
Massive Israeli strikes hit South Lebanon under ceasefire conditions
0
Lebanon News
2026-06-16
Trump criticizes Israel’s Lebanon campaign, says war has gone on ‘too long’ and floats Syria role in conflict
Lebanon News
2026-06-16
Trump criticizes Israel’s Lebanon campaign, says war has gone on ‘too long’ and floats Syria role in conflict
Most read
d-none hideMe
24 hours
7 days
Month
1
News Bulletin Reports
13:03
Ali al-Taher escalation: Israel weighs airstrikes and ground operations
News Bulletin Reports
13:03
Ali al-Taher escalation: Israel weighs airstrikes and ground operations
2
Lebanon News
08:06
Hezbollah on US claims of Iranian control: No one can question our Lebanese identity
Lebanon News
08:06
Hezbollah on US claims of Iranian control: No one can question our Lebanese identity
3
Lebanon News
05:39
Drone flies at low altitude over Beirut’s southern suburbs: Report
Lebanon News
05:39
Drone flies at low altitude over Beirut’s southern suburbs: Report
4
Lebanon News
03:54
Lebanon PM says restoring sovereignty requires strong state, single army
Lebanon News
03:54
Lebanon PM says restoring sovereignty requires strong state, single army
5
Lebanon News
04:02
Lebanon defense minister vows continued efforts to ensure displaced southerners return home
Lebanon News
04:02
Lebanon defense minister vows continued efforts to ensure displaced southerners return home
6
Lebanon News
08:09
US Embassy welcomes Lebanon’s updated Media Law, urges further reforms
Lebanon News
08:09
US Embassy welcomes Lebanon’s updated Media Law, urges further reforms
7
Middle East News
10:46
Israel PM calls Turkey's Erdogan 'antisemitic dictator'
Middle East News
10:46
Israel PM calls Turkey's Erdogan 'antisemitic dictator'
8
Middle East News
08:58
Turkey issues arrest warrant for Israel's Netanyahu
Middle East News
08:58
Turkey issues arrest warrant for Israel's Netanyahu
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use
cookies
to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More