Uganda says rebel LRA commander to be handed to ICC

World News
13-01-2015 | 07:54
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Uganda says rebel LRA commander to be handed to ICC
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
0min
Uganda says rebel LRA commander to be handed to ICC
A senior Lord's Resistance Army commander who surrendered last week to the U.S. military in the Central African Republic (CAR) will be handed over to the International Criminal Court in The Hague for trial, a Ugandan army spokesman said on Tuesday.
 
The LRA first rose up against Uganda in the late 1980s, gaining a reputation for massacres and mutilating victims. Ongwen is wanted by the ICC for crimes against humanity.
 
"It has been finally decided that Dominic Ongwen will be tried at The Hague. Victims will get justice as much as Ongwen. Arrangements for his transfer are being made and it will be CAR that will transfer him," spokesman Paddy Ankunda told Reuters.


REUTERS
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More