UN says Aleppo faces "bleak moment", Syria convoys all blocked

Breaking Headlines
18-11-2016 | 10:02
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
UN says Aleppo faces "bleak moment", Syria convoys all blocked
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
0min
UN says Aleppo faces "bleak moment", Syria convoys all blocked

The besieged population of eastern Aleppo faces a "very bleak moment" with no food or medical supplies, winter approaching, and an increasingly fierce attack by Syrian and allied forces, UN humanitarian adviser Jan Egeland said on Friday.

 

Although Russia and rebel groups both sounded positive about a UN humanitarian plan to get supplies in and the sick and wounded out of eastern Aleppo, neither has yet given final approval, he said.

 

The United Nations planned convoys with aid for 1 million Syrians in besieged or hard-to-reach areas this month, but so far not one convoy has reached its destination. Syrian troops turned back aid for the town of Douma on Thursday, Egeland said.

 
 
REUTERS

Breaking Headlines

UN

Aleppo

Syria

LBCI Next
A patient at Notre Dame De Liban Hospital - Jounieh urgently needs A+ blood type, to donate please call: 70 281 616
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More