Yemen's Houthis say they attacked Saudi capital with drones, no confirmation

Middle East
01-04-2021 | 09:43
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Yemen's Houthis say they attacked Saudi capital with drones, no confirmation
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
2min
Yemen's Houthis say they attacked Saudi capital with drones, no confirmation
Yemen's Houthi forces said they attacked important targets in the Saudi Arabian capital Riyadh using four drones on Thursday, though there was no confirmation from the Saudi authorities or independent reports of any such strikes.
 

The Saudi-led coalition fighting the Houthis said it had destroyed a missile before it took off in Yemen, according to a report on Saudi state TV. The report said the Houthis had meant to use it to attack the gas-rich Yemeni province of Ma'rib.

The Iran-aligned Houthis have rejected a ceasefire proposal made last month by Riyadh because it did not include the lifting an air and sea blockade imposed by a Saudi-led military coalition on the areas they control mainly in northern Yemen.

The conflict, seen in the region as a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran, has caused what the United Nations says is the world's largest humanitarian crisis.

The coalition intervened in 2015 to support Yemen's internationally-recognized government after it was ousted from the capital Sana'a by the Houthis.

 
REUTERS

Breaking Headlines

Yemen

Houthis

Saudi Arabia

Attack

Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More