REPORT: Kidnapped Turkish nationals not in Beirut; relatives of detainees in Aazaz to protest Monday

News Bulletin Reports
11-08-2013 | 09:08
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
REPORT: Kidnapped Turkish nationals not in Beirut; relatives of detainees in Aazaz to protest Monday
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
3min
REPORT: Kidnapped Turkish nationals not in Beirut; relatives of detainees in Aazaz to protest Monday

Two days have passed since the kidnapping incident of the Turkish Airlines’ crew members in Beirut, and their whereabouts remain unknown.    

In this regard, sources told LBCI that the Turkish pilot and co-pilot are not in Beirut, adding that they were transported to anther region.                          

On another note, relatives of the Lebanese detainees in Syria’s Aazaz said they will be proceed on Monday with their movements against the Turkish benefits in Lebanon.    

In this context, Hajja Hayat Awali told LBCI that Turkish authorities deserve what happened since they turned a blind eye on the file of the detainees in Syria’s Aazaz.                    

On Friday the 9th of August at 3 am, gunmen intercepted a Turkish Airlines bus at Cocodi Bridge in Beirut and kidnapped two crew members, a pilot and a co-pilot, both are Turkish nationals. The bus carrying the crew members was heading from Beirut international airport toward a hotel in Ain El-Mrayseh.  
                                      
While well-informed sources linked the abduction to the case of the Lebanese hostages held in Aazaz, the relatives of the Aazaz hostages denied being involved in the operation.                                     
The incident triggered a chain of reactions mainly from the Turkish side, the most prominent among them was the call launched by the Turkish foreign ministry on its nationals to leave Lebanon, warning its citizens not to travel to Lebanon except in case of necessity.                          
For his part, the Turkish ambassador to Lebanon Inan Ozyildiz confirmed that he is following up on the case, calling on the Lebanese authorities to release the Turkish abductees.                       
In turn, caretaker Interior Minister Marwan Charbel stressed that the security apparatuses have launched investigations in order to pursue the kidnappers and to reveal the circumstances behind the incident.                 

Eleven Lebanese pilgrims were kidnapped on their way back from Iran by insurgents hoping to use them for a prisoner swap on the 22nd of May. Only two have so far been released.                      
Their families have vowed to continue their movements until all their loved ones have returned home "safe and sound".                             

They accuse Ankara of sponsoring the kidnapping and the Lebanese government of inaptness in this regard.


For the full report, please click on the VIDEO above


News Bulletin Reports

Kidnapped

Turkish

nationals

Beirut;

relatives

detainees

Aazaz

protest

Monday

LBCI Next
2025 in Lebanon: LBCI reflects on a year of challenges, coverage, and coexistence
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More