Two more people die of novel corona virus in Saudi Arabia

World News
12-05-2013 | 07:45
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Two more people die of novel corona virus in Saudi Arabia
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
0min
Two more people die of novel corona virus in Saudi Arabia
            
Two more people have died from novel corona virus, a new strain of the virus similar to the one that caused SARS, in an outbreak in al-Ahsa region of Saudi Arabia, the deputy health minister for public health said on Sunday.           

Ziad Memish said that in the latest cluster of infections, 15 cases had been confirmed, and nine of those patients had died.

This comes as the World Health Organization (WHO) said it appeared likely that the novel corona virus, which has killed 18 people in Saudi Arabia and Europe, could be passed from person to person.           

WHO Assistant Director-General Keiji Fukuda, speaking after a visit to Saudi Arabia, told reporters in Riyadh: "Of most concern is the fact that the different clusters seen in multiple countries increasingly support the hypothesis that when there is close contact, this novel corona virus can transmit from person to person."              


REUTERS
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More