UN concerned by resumption of Yemen airstrikes by Saudi coalition

Breaking Headlines
22-04-2015 | 13:23
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
UN concerned by resumption of Yemen airstrikes by Saudi coalition
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
0min
UN concerned by resumption of Yemen airstrikes by Saudi coalition
 

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon voiced concern on Wednesday about the renewal of airstrikes in Yemen by a Saudi-led coalition and said he hoped the fighting would cease quickly.

"When I read the report that fighting was resumed I was very much concerned about that," Ban told reporters. "I sincerely hope there will be an end of fighting as soon as possible."

Saudi Arabia announced on Tuesday that it would end almost a month of air strikes against the Iranian-allied Houthis but resumed operations on Wednesday.  

Last week Ban called for an immediate ceasefire by all parties in Yemen.

 
 
REUTERS

Breaking Headlines

concerned

resumption

Yemen

airstrikes

Saudi

coalition

LBCI Next
A patient at Notre Dame De Liban Hospital - Jounieh urgently needs A+ blood type, to donate please call: 70 281 616
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More