Yemen cholera cases could hit 1 million by year-end - Red Cross

Breaking Headlines
29-09-2017 | 05:34
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Yemen cholera cases could hit 1 million by year-end - Red Cross
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
0min
Yemen cholera cases could hit 1 million by year-end - Red Cross
The humanitarian situation in Yemen is a "catastrophe" and cholera cases there could reach a million by year-end, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said on Friday.

Alexandre Faite, head of the ICRC delegation in Yemen, said that the warring sides were using disproportionate force, causing "very excessive" civilian casualties. He called on them to allow Sanaa airport to open to commercial flights for aid supplies.

Faite, saying there had been 750,000 suspected cases of cholera to date, with 2,119 deaths, told a Geneva news briefing: "We could be to one million (cases) by the end of the year."
 
 
 
REUTERS

Breaking Headlines

Yemen

Cholera

Red Cross

LBCI Next
A patient at Notre Dame De Liban Hospital - Jounieh urgently needs A+ blood type, to donate please call: 70 281 616
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More