Agreement reached over shutdown of two Libya oil ports -official

World News
07-07-2013 | 14:01
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Agreement reached over shutdown of two Libya oil ports -official
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
0min
Agreement reached over shutdown of two Libya oil ports -official
     
An agreement has been reached with the armed groups that shut down two Libyan oil ports, allowing exports to resume, an official present at negotiations said on Sunday.         

"There was a meeting in Brega between representatives of the groups that closed down the ports, the oil ministry and others," Saad Benshrada, a member of the energy committee within Libya's national assembly, said.       

"The meeting was long but after we reached an agreement, the guards gave instructions to allow workers to resume export operations."           

He said the ports had been shut down by members of a force guarding the facilities. They were demanding better work conditions.          


REUTERS
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More