Egypt orders 919 Brotherhood members to stand trial

World News
26-03-2014 | 11:12
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Egypt orders 919 Brotherhood members to stand trial
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
0min
Egypt orders 919 Brotherhood members to stand trial
Egypt's public prosecutor ordered 919 members of the Muslim Brotherhood to stand trial on Wednesday on charges including terrorism and murder, the state news agency reported.

They will stand trial in the southern province of Minya, where earlier this week a judge sentenced 529 Brotherhood members to death on various charges including killing.

The state news agency said the new charges related to violence that broke out last August after the security forces forcibly dispersed protest camps set up by supporters of deposed President Mohamed Morsi.

This comes after one person was killed near Egypt's Cairo University when protesters supporting ousted President Morsi clashed with security forces, a health ministry official told Reuters.
   
The official said eight were wounded but could not give further details. The protesters were demonstrating against a court ruling earlier this week condemning more than 500 alleged Muslim Brotherhood supporters to death.


REUTERS
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More