Jordanian protesters condemn Israeli violence, call for removal of embassy

World News
11-07-2014 | 09:15
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Jordanian protesters condemn Israeli violence, call for removal of embassy
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
3min
Jordanian protesters condemn Israeli violence, call for removal of embassy
Over 250 protesters gathered outside the Israeli embassy in Amman on Friday to protest against Israeli air strikes on Gaza that have killed 96 since the start of the four day offensive.
 
The many men and women at the protest waved Palestinian flags and raised placards calling for the removal of the Israeli embassy in Jordan.
 
One placard said: "Close down the zionist embassy, kick the ambassador out."
 
Israeli leaders, determined to end Palestinian rocket attacks deep into the Jewish state, have hinted that they could order the first ground invasion of the coastal strip in five years. Some 20,000 army reservists have been mobilized.
 
The salvoes into Israel have so far caused no fatalities, due in part to interception by Israel's partly-U.S. funded Iron Dome aerial defense system.
 
The Israeli military said it launched fresh naval and air strikes early on Friday, giving no further details.

One Jordanian protester questioned Israel's right to incursions into Gaza.
 
"Basically we're here today because of what everyone knows has been happening in Palestine for the past few days, people have been dying, many have been killed... We've been here to say what we've been trying to say for the past 70 years or so - Israel has no place to be there," said Shahed Hammouri.
 
Another long-time activist expressed his hope that people across the Middle East would rally in support of the Palestinians.
 
"Our revolution is ongoing, resistance is a long process, whoever thinks that victory comes after a day or two is delusional, the struggle continues," said Khaled Ramadan.

"Palestine will witness more bloodshed and the spirit of the uprising must spread to all the Arab capitals, when that happens we can say that we are at the doors of victory," he added.
 
The four day offensive is the deadliest since October 2012, when around 160 Palestinians and six Israelis were killed during an Israeli campaign to punish Hamas for missile attacks. That conflict was eventually halted with Egyptian mediation.
                        

REUTERS
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More