Syrian activists posted on Saturday on YouTube and Facebook a video showing the body saying belonging to a Hezbollah's fighter called Hussein Salah Habib.
Syrian activists said that the fighter has been killed in Syria, noting that the video proves Hezbollah's involvement in "killing the Syrian people."
Activists also demanded the release of the Syrian detainees held by Hezbollah, as well as 50 detainees in the Syrian prisons in exchange for returning the body of the killed fighter.
This comes after Syrian rebels attacked a
sprawling military air base in the country's northwest, while in
the south opposition forces assaulted a string of army checkpoints and
positions, activists said.
The raids follow nearly two weeks
of advances by Syrian troops, mostly in the suburbs of the capital, Damascus,
and areas near the Lebanese border in the central province of Homs.
In Moscow, Syria's Information
Minister Omran al-Zoubi denied recent U.S. charges that Syrian troops used
chemical weapons against the rebels, saying Washington had leveled the
accusation as a result of the latest victories by the army.
The Obama administration said
Thursday that intelligence indicates government forces likely used the nerve
gas sarin in two attacks.
Washington's declaration was its
strongest on the topic so far, although the administration said it was still
working to pin down definitive proof of the weapons' use. It held back from saying Damascus had crossed
outright what President Barack Obama has said would be a "red line"
prompting tougher action in Syria.
The rebels accuse regime forces
of firing chemical agents on at least four occasions since December, killing 31
people in the worst of the attacks. They say world inaction would only
encourage Assad to use the weapons on a larger scale.
The regime countered that it was
the rebels who fired chemical weapons
pointing to their capture of a chemical factory last year as proof of
their ability to do so.
In Saturday's fighting at the Abu
Zuhour air base in northwestern Idlib province, the Britain-based Syrian
Observatory for Human Rights said there were casualties on both sides. The base
has been under rebel siege for months.
The Observatory and the Local
Coordination Committees said the Syrian air force conducted several air raids
during the fighting to ease pressure on government troops inside the air base.
Rebels control much of Idlib
province, which borders Turkey, although government forces still hold some
areas, including the provincial capital that carries the same name.
Elsewhere, the Aleppo Media
Center said rebels had entered the Kweiras military air base in Aleppo province
and destroyed its operations room. The base has also been under siege for
months.
In the southern province of
Daraa, also known as the Houran plains, the Observatory and the LCC said rebels
had launched a new offensive called "the Houran Volcano" in which
they are targeting army checkpoints and positions.
The Observatory said there were
losses on both sides but had no immediate breakdown.
Syria's conflict started with
largely peaceful anti-government protests in March 2011 but eventually turned
into a civil war. More than 70,000 people have been killed, according to the
United Nations.
AP/LBCI
To watch the full report, please click on the video above.