International court says will not investigate 2010 sinking of South Korean warship

Breaking Headlines
23-06-2014 | 10:00
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
International court says will not investigate 2010 sinking of South Korean warship
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
0min
International court says will not investigate 2010 sinking of South Korean warship
The International Criminal Court said on Monday that it would not open an investigation into the sinking of the South Korean warship Cheonan in 2010 in which 46 sailors died, because the attack was directed at a lawful military target.

In a statement, prosecutor Fatou Bensouda said the court would also not open an investigation into the shelling, also by North Korean forces, of Yeonpyeong Island later the same year.

The court had been conducting a preliminary examination into both events to determine if a full investigation was warranted.

"Even though the shelling resulted, regrettably, in civilian casualties, the information available does not provide a reasonable basis to believe that the attack was intentionally directed against civilian objects," the prosecutor said.


REUTERS

Breaking Headlines

court

investigate

sinking

South

Korean

warship

LBCI Next
A patient at Notre Dame De Liban Hospital - Jounieh urgently needs A+ blood type, to donate please call: 70 281 616
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More