REPORT: St. Therese abducted children freed, Australian TV crew arrested

Breaking Headlines
07-04-2016 | 02:56
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
REPORT: St. Therese abducted children freed, Australian TV crew arrested
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
3min
REPORT: St. Therese abducted children freed, Australian TV crew arrested
The Interior Security Forces information branch managed on Thursday to free the two children who were kidnapped Wednesday in the region of St. Therese. The children’s mother was with them. 
 
Later, the security forces stated that the children were handed over to their father in accordance with instruction of the concerned judiciary.
 
In this context, the security forces declared that 5 Australians were arrested in the case of kidnapping of the children in St. Therese region, including the mother, as well as two British and two Lebanese people. 
 
 
Earlier in the day, Canberra authorities had said that an Australian television crew has been detained in Lebanon, adding that they urgently trying to confirm the reporters' whereabouts.
 
The network added that the crew, working for the show "60 Minutes,” had been detained in Beirut.
 
The group was reportedly shooting a private operation by a child recovery agency depicting two children from Australia who were in Lebanon with their father.
 
The members of the crew were identified as reporter Tara Brown, producer Steven Rice and one or two camera operators.
 
The mother of the two children reportedly involved in the filming has said their Lebanese father took them for a holiday and then reportedly refused to return them to Australia.
 
This as security sources told LBCI that the Australian crew is being detained by the ISF pending further interrogations for their alleged involvement in the kidnapping of the two children.

Yesterday, the Internal Security Forces said that the two children were kidnapped in the region of al-Hadath south of Beirut for family reasons.
 
According to the state-run National News Agency, three armed men, in a silver Hyundai, kidnapped Lahala Ali al-Amine, and her brother Nouh while waiting for their school bus with their grandmother on the Hadath-Shweifat road.
 
For more details, watch the full report in the video above 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Breaking Headlines

Australia

Lebanon

Abduction

LBCI Next
A patient at Notre Dame De Liban Hospital - Jounieh urgently needs A+ blood type, to donate please call: 70 281 616
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More