Hearing on the lawsuit against TL postponed until July 4

Lebanon News
30-06-2014 | 03:53
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Hearing on the lawsuit against TL postponed until July 4
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
2min
Hearing on the lawsuit against TL postponed until July 4
The hearing on the BeIN Sports lawsuit against Tele Liban, which was scheduled for today (June 30), was deferred until July 4.

"We respect the Lebanese law," said Talal el-Makdessi, chairman of the board of Lebanon's official television station Tele-Liban, speaking outside the Justice Palace.

"We will defend our rights and we will grant the citizens the right to watch the World Cup," Makdessi said.

"We asked the plaintiff to present evidence to show whether he owns the exclusive right to broadcast the games on Lebanese territories," he noted.

Makdessi also said Tele Liban will continue to broadcast the matches, adding that FIFA's profit does not depend on the poor in Lebanon.

BeIN Sports company filed on Sunday a lawsuit against the state-sponsored television channel Tele Liban (TL) on the backdrop of broadcasting the 2014 World Cup games.

Earlier this month,
cable television provider Sama warned any cable provider or TV channel that attempts to broadcast World Cup matches without its consent will not be tolerated.

The cable provider, who had gained the exclusive right to broadcast the World Cup from beIN Sports, also threatened to prosecute whoever shows the games without its permission.

Lebanon News

lawsuit

against

postponed

until

LBCI Next
Lebanon’s State Security hails troops’ efforts in new year security plan
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More