Military Tribunal adjourns Samaha’s trial until June 15

Lebanon News
05-12-2014 | 07:11
High views
Share
LBCI
Share
LBCI
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
Military Tribunal adjourns Samaha’s trial until June 15
Whatsapp
facebook
Twitter
Messenger
telegram
telegram
print
2min
Military Tribunal adjourns Samaha’s trial until June 15
Lebanon’s Military Tribunal postponed on Friday the trial of former minister Michel Samaha and his accomplice, Syria’s national security chief GeneralAli Mamlouk, over charges of plotting assassinations and terrorist attacks in Lebanon.

The sources said the court decided to adjourn the trial until June 15, 2015, after Mamlouk failed to report to the tribunal.

They said Mamlouk was not officially informed about the date of the hearing and that a notification paper for the new date would be sent to him through LibanPost.

Former information minister Samaha, and Mamlouk face charges of "transporting explosives from Syria to Lebanon in an attempt to assassinate political and religious figures."

If convicted, they face the death penalty.

The Lebanese judiciary issued an arrest warrant against Mamlouk and sent Syria a formal notification of the warrant and charges, but received no response so far.

In case of a non-response, Lebanese law allows for the trial against Samaha to continue with Mamlouk being tried in absentia, but the court has not taken such a procedure thus far.

Lebanon News

Tribunal

adjourns

Samaha’s

trial

until

LBCI Next
Lebanon’s State Security hails troops’ efforts in new year security plan
Download now the LBCI mobile app
To see the latest news, the latest daily programs in Lebanon and the world
Google Play
App Store
We use
cookies
We use cookies to make
your experience on this
website better.
Accept
Learn More