Clashes continue between Tripoli's Bab al-Tebbaneh and Jabal Mohsen raising the toll to 15 dead and 55 injured since the clashes that started yesterday.
Among the the people injured, 9 were from Jabal Mohsen and 9 were from the army.
Three people from Tripoli's Bab al-Tabbaneh were killed by sniper gunshots. They were identified as Abou Hassan Al-Joundi, Mourd al-Samak and a member of the Issa family. Soldier Abdullah Ojeij was also shot dead while not duty in al-Bakkar whereas 5 people were injured including a First-Lieutenant and were transported to Zgharta's al-Saydeh Hospital for treatment.
Also, Syrian nationals Fayez al-Ahmad and Ahmad Khalaf were shot on Tripoli's Nehmeh square.
Meanwhile, sources told LBCI that three soldiers were injured in Talaat al-Sheikh Omran when mortar shells fired from Jabal Mohsen and Bab al-Tabbeneh landed in the area.
In addition, the army deployed in across the residence of the Arab Democratic Party official Rifaat Ali Eid in Jabal Mohsen and activists shared an
audio recording of the official over social media platforms where says "The army is part of our family with which we commit not mistakes... take security precautions against bomb shells"
The state-run National News Agency added that fierce clashes were witnessed Saturday-Sunday overnight along various axes in Tripoli.
More than 10 rocket-propelled grenades fell in the areas of Bab al-Tebbaneh and Jabal Mohsen, burning several homes.
This as Lebanese Armed Forces units responded heavily to the sources of fire, raiding the store of Hatem al-Janzarli, who is suspected of opening fire at the army.
Al-Janzarli was arrested along with other suspects who were in his store, and were identified as A.al-Ghoul, A.al-Niz, M.Ouloulou, and M.al-Homsi.
The agency later reported that roads in Tripoli's Bab al-Hadeed neighborhood have been blocked by residents in protest against al-Janzarli's arrest, urging caretaker Prime Minister Najib Mikati and former Internal Security Forces Chief Major General Ashraf Rifi to release the arrested men.
This comes as State Commissioner to the Military Court Judge Saqr Saqr issued warrants against a number of suspects linked to the latest round of clashes.
As well, security sources told LBCI that the army raided an Arab Democratic Party center in Jabal Mohsen, confiscating machineguns and a sniper rifle.
14 persons have been killed so far and at least 40 were injured, including a number of LAF soldiers, in the latest round of violence that erupted on Sunday.
The port city of Tripoli has long been a stronghold of Sunni Islamists in northern Lebanon.
But the city has become increasingly volatile in recent months due to the civil war in neighboring Syria, where the Sunni majority is leading a revolt against President Bashar al-Assad.
Disputes from neighboring Syria's civil war frequently inflame sectarian grievances in Tripoli. These clashes pit gunmen from both the mostly Sunni Bab Tabbaneh district and the Jabal Mohsen district which mostly comprises residents of Syrian President Bashar Assad's Alawite sect, a Shiite Islam offshoot.
To watch a VIDEO depicting the clashes, please click on the the link here.
To watch Edmond Sassine's report, please click on the VIDEO above.